The Philadelphia Fusion add another important piece to the team with the hiring of Christina Cavadias, Meme Specialist. Christina will function as the main voice on the team's Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Reddit accounts. And she has a challenge for you: if you reply on our twitter post with a meme that she finds 100% fresh she might gift you a pair of tickets to our first match at the Blizzard Arena on December 6, 2017! Full rules and regulations are below, and remember, you must be following our twitter @phl_fusion, retweet our contest post, and reply to that post with your meme.
Are you up for the challenge?
December 1, 2017 – December 2, 2017
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void outside the state of CA and where prohibited. The Tickets Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on December 1, 2017 upon posting of the Official Rules (the “commencement date”) and end on December 2, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries (as defined below) received. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to permanent, legal United States residents who are physically residing in California and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of the Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below), members of these persons’ immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities, as referenced herein, shall mean CS Philadelphia OW Team, LLC (“Sponsor”), and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes.
Entries must be received before the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period in order to be eligible for the drawing. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. You may enter once during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple Entries received from any person or Twitter account beyond this limit will void all such additional Entries. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by the Twitter Website. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, Twitter user name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Fifteen (15) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing by Sponsor from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about November 30, 2017. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to notify potential winners via direct message to the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry. Potential winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Sweepstakes Documents”) within two (2) days of such notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate potential winners may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. If potential winners cannot be reached, is found to be ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winners will be disqualified and time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winners may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. Limit one (1) Prize per family or household.
6. PRIZES: Fifteen (15) prizes (individually and collectively, the “Prize”): Each winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Philadelphia Fusion game taking place on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at the Blizzard Arena in Burbank, CA. (Approximate Retail Value [“ARV”] of each Prize: $100). The ARV of all Prizes is $1,500.00. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Date and/or time of event are subject to change. Event is subject to cancellation. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon and by applicable issuer. The Prize is not transferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any component thereof) with one of comparable or greater retail value, at its sole discretion. All costs and expenses not stated herein as being provided in connection with the redemption, receipt and/or use of the Prize are the responsibility of each winner, including, but not limited to, transportation, accommodations and meals, and all federal, state and local taxes. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No extension of event date(s) will be granted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and Twitter and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the or Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by Prize supplier that are sent along with Prize; (c) if selected as a winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on the Sponsor’s website and the use by Released Parties of such name, Twitter user name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for Entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on Sponsor’s website. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in PHILADELPHIA, pa. If THE controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in PENNSYLVANIA. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of PHILADELPHIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: For the names of the winners, available after November 30, 2017, send a self-addressed envelope to be received by February 28, 2018 to: Tickets Sweepstakes c/o Philadelphia Fusion, 3601 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
11. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to a complete release of Twitter from any claims.